Dr. Ingrid Hayek
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
(Chief Seattle - Suquamish)
Does intelligent life exist? - At least outside our planet?
data & words
oracle apex application developer
w o r k @ i n g r i d h a y e k . a t
2017 Doña Laura plays Bingo and Wins a Chicken (in German, Tyrolia Verlag)
Entremés - appetizer
These are the notes from a country where I am
• measuring distances in dollar
• wearing a monokini
• selling tortillas for 25 cent apiece
• listening to and write down lifetime confessions
• drinking tiger milk
• losing a rubber boot in the mud
• getting to know Nelson, Nixon, Kelvin and Chávez face-to-face
• not willing to eat black bananas
• sleeping in one bed with Don Victor
• almost becoming a shaman
• treating broken bones with frozen meat
• hunting cockroaches in refrigerators without success
• learning 1018 words of Quichua within two days
• preaching not very catholic sermons
• dancing sitting with three female cacao farmers
• eating coffee
• swimming mother-naked in TV
• swiping a clay pot
• running away from crazy cows
• always taking off one shoe in Internet cafes
• almost fainting when trying to pay an electricity bill
• eating lawyers while I am pregnant
• being bitten by tarts
• correcting love declarations on computers
• negotiating with sleeping cacao farmers
• experiencing one hand the grief of refugees and the left behind
• running after an in-soaped dog
• fighting against fleas under scratchy blankets in the sauna
• having a bitter aftertaste of cacao
and where I am called Gringa loca (crazy white woman)
2016 Glaciers and vassals
2015 "Round Europe by bicycle" part 3
Kiruna (Sweden) - Finland - Russia - Estonia - Latvia - Lithuania - Warsaw (Poland).
3400 lonesome kilometers with series of mishaps, fancy mountain tops, bizarre experiences and lovely people.
Aid for cocoa farmers in La Florida, Ecuador (since 2012)
A private initiative including a microlend and the acquisition of cocoa processing machines for sorting, roasting, peeling and grinding cocoa beans.
Right now I am fighting with the producer who is not willing to deliver the paid machines.